I love this a ultra-low prep kids craft. With very few, cheap materials, you and your little one can spend more time creating and less time prepping and cleaning. This bird feeder works well for older toddlers and young children. Plus, threading the cereal and twisting the pipe cleaners offers a great fine motor activity.
What you’ll need
- 4 Pipe cleaners – I used 2 white pipe cleaners, 1 yellow, and 1 green
- Circular cereal
1. Gather materials and kid(s).
2. Thread cereal onto half of the white pipe cleaner. Bend the end to the middle and twist to secure cereal. Then, do the other side. Do this with both pipe cleaners to make your petals. When finished, you should have two figure eights.
3. Put one figure eight on top of the other and twist them together, so you have a center and four petals.
4. Wrap the yellow pipe cleaner around center.
5. Twist the green pipe cleaner around your fingers to give it a spiral shape. Attach it to the yellow pipe cleaner.
6. Tie a string around the center, and hand it outside for the birds to enjoy.
I hope you like this easy kids craft as much me. For more great kids crafts and activities, click here to follow me on Pinterest!